Saturday, June 4, 2016

Reasons Religions Suck and Why You Should Hate Them



The reasons religions suck is almost too many to count and list out while you all wait with baited breath. Let me start by saying, religion has caused wars and hatred throughout the entire world. When Christianity was started, it was considered a cult. Can you even imagine being part of something so new, and so radical that you would be considered part of a cult? Well, imagine it my dear! Christianity is still the new kid on the block as far as religions go, but let’s talk about the real culprit of all this terrorism and hatred. I hope that last line helped you figure out that I had you open this blog article under a rouse.
I know, I know, I’m a terrible person. Blame it on my religion. I’m pretty sure one of the commandments tells me to lie…or not. It’s a sad state of affairs in America, when people are more apt to read about something that is negative or bashing one group of people over the next. People that share these memes and negative stories “calling out religion” aren’t any better than the ones condemning Atheists, Agnostics and the LGBTQ community.
Here’s a little anecdote about religion, this will be a short post because the attention span of most folks reading on social media is limited to say the least. Two grown men walk into a local watering hole. Both men order whiskey straight. Now, the man with the brown eyes (did I say they had eyes? Well they do, in case I didn’t make that clear. Don’t want to offend the eyeless) drinks five glasses of his favorite whiskey. Brown eyed guy starts singing along to the music playing and gets up to dance a jig to The Devil Went Down to Georgia. He’s as happy as a clam, always is when he gets drunk. The guy with the blue eyes drinks five glasses of the same whiskey. Blue eyes guy become belligerent and tries to fight the barkeep and everyone that walks in the door. And before anyone says anything, they both had a fabulous day and have a fabulous life with 2.5 kids at home and a supermodel wife. So, no, one didn’t have a bad day and the other is out celebrating. So, now that we cleared that up, who do we blame in this little scenario?
The ALOCHOL!!!!
No. I have never once heard anyone blame the alcohol for existing and people choosing to consume it. Or people blaming the alcohol on how it personally effects them and their, or their partner’s behaviors. People, blame the person for their level of intoxication. Old blue eyes knows that when he gets drunk, he usually winds up getting thrown out of the bar or arrested, but he chose to drink anyway.
So, given the scenario above, why do people of the interwebs insist on blaming religions for terrorism, general hatred and closemindedness? I don’t know any religion that teaches these terrible things. I’ve never in my entire Christian life been to a church where they have told their congregation to hate anyone. Maybe at Westboro church, that could be their mantra, but hey, I don’t know their lives and I don’t pretend to know their walk with God. All I’m saying is, before you call yourself being a truth exposer, expose the right thing. Religion only teaches people to love their neighbor and to live like their higher power would. It also teaches us not to judge. I don’t judge anyone for the religion they practice, or don’t practice. My walk with Christ, is mine and mine alone. Your walk is yours. Let’s not hate the religions, but try to show people what love and acceptance really means. Live your life as an example, not in condemnation of others who don’t think as you do.

Stop Yelling At Me…
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment