Wednesday, July 20, 2016

I Shaved with Conditioner so You Don't Have To!!


A few weeks ago, I read an article about making shaving your lady bits a little easier. I'm not quite sure why this has become this huge movement. Going bare, or nearly bare down there has become so popular that seeing a woman in her natural hairy glory is abnormal. We shave, wax, tweeze, and Nair just about every part of our bodies, leaving our eyebrows and lashes to have a lonely party with the hair on our heads. 

The article I read was about women thinking it was more hygienic to go bare in their nether regions. It's not. It's simply for aesthetics and can actually cause painful in grown hairs as well as unpleasant infections or razor burn. In this article they gave a list of several options to try to get your lady bits as smooth as Georgia peach. 

One of the options was shaving with hair conditioner. Maybe I'm just not that cool, but this thought never crossed my mind. I was genuinely intrigued and happy about not having to spend any money on some fancy new shave cream. Most households have conditioner. I'm going to go out in a limb and assume that most people wash their hair from time to time, which made this personal challenge a no brainer. 

Let me tell you this. It was fabulous! No pulling. No razor burn. Nothing unpleasant to report. Use a small pea sized amount and handle your lady business. The process feels a little like slicing through butter with a warm knife. After the amazement at the ease of this new process, you shock yourself back to reality with closing your pores with cold water. You can use a cool wash cloth, but I'm a rebel and just turned the shower to cold for 5-10 seconds before hopping out. 

Using this method, the hair didn't grow back any slower, but there were no ingrown hairs or razor bumps to complain about. Overall, it was fairly pleasant and before heading to the beach, I'll likely use this method again to keep things less offensive for the other beach goers. As always...

Stop yelling at me...please, 
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment